Oregon (OR) Tax Deed Sales
|Sale Type:||Tax Deed|
|Bid Method:||High Bid/Lottery|
|Sale Date(s):||Year Round|
|Redemption Period:||None/1 Year/2 Years|
|State Statute(s):||Volume 3|
Oregon State Overview
- Oregon has a strong GIS presence. Click here to go to a state-wide interactive map. If the state interactive map doesn't have a parcels layer for the county, it will provide a link to the county's GIS.
- Click here to read the policies governing real property tax foreclosure in Oregon.
In Oregon, the tax collector or treasurer will sell tax deeds to the winning bidders at the delinquent property tax sale. The bidder willing to pay the most wins the bidding contest. Oregon is unique in that state statues have provisions for financing purchasers.
- Tax Sale Type: Tax Deed (Sec. 29-312.270).
- Contact: (Sec. 29-311.005).
- Interest Rate and/or Penalty Rate: Not applicable.
- Bid Procedure: (Sec. 25-275.190).
- Redemption Period: Not applicable.
- Law: Oregon Revised Statutes, Title 25, Chapter 275 - "County Lands",Title 29, Chapter 311 - "Collection of Property Taxes" and Title 29, Chapter 312 - "Foreclosure of Property Tax Liens".