North Carolina (NC) Tax Deed Sales
|Sale Type:||Tax Deed|
|Bid Method:||Highest Bid|
|State Statute(s):||CH 105, Sub CH II, Article 26|
North Carolina State Overview
100 County Tax Departments/Tax Department Offices/Tax Offices/Tax Collections Offices and Tax Collectors and 267 municipal (City or Town) Tax Collectors.
- Tax Sale Type: Tax Deed (Sec. 105-374 (p)).
- Contact: Tax Collectors (Sec. 105-350).
- Interest Rate and/or Penalty Rate: Not applicable
- Bid Procedure: Premium bid / highest bid. (Sec. 105-374 (m)).
- Redemption Period: Not applicable.
- Law: General Statutes of North Carolina, Chapter 105, Subchapter II, Article 26, "Collection and Foreclosure of Taxes."
- Upset bids: According to (Sec. 1-339.64) a bidder may 'increase the bid' by increasing the bid by '(5%)' and 'with a minimum increase of seven hundred fifty dollars ($750.00).'. Once the upset bid has been recorded, the clerk of the superior court will release the prior sale.