Mississippi (MS) Tax Lien Sales
|Sale Type:||Tax Lien|
|Interest Rate:||18% APR
|Bid Method:||Highest Bidder|
|Redemption Period:||2 Years|
|Sale Date(s):||April and August|
|State Statute(s):||Title 27|
Mississippi State Overview
- Tax Sale Type: Tax Lien Certificate. (Sec. 27-41-55).
- Contact: Tax Colector. (Sec. 27-41-47).
- Interest Rate and/or Penalty Rate: 18% per annum and 5% penalty. (Sec. 27-45-3).
- Bid Procedure: Premium bid / highest bid. (Sec. 27-41-59).
- Redemption Period: Two (2) years. (Sec. 27-45-3).
- Law: Mississippi Code, Title 27, Chapter 41, "Ad Valorem Taxes -- Collection", Chapter 45, "Ad Valorem Taxes -- Redemption of Land Sold for Taxes," and Chapter 47, "Ad Valorem Taxes -- Assignment of Tax Liens."
- Important. According to (Sec. 27-41-77) the overbid does not draw interest. Furthermore, the overbid will not be returned upon redemption and "shall be credited to the county general fund".